We are excited to share our speaker sessions recorded at Devoted 2020: The Power of One! Normally, we would wait a while longer before sharing, but the moment we are in is definitely not normal! We hope these sessions lift your spirit, speak to your heart, and bring you closer to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Join us LIVE this Thursday (April 16, 2020) at 10:00 a.m. We’ll be sharing Kelly Lester’s opening remarks and Tecia Janes’ session on “The Power to Choose.”
Tecia Farmer Janes is the Founder/Director of Choosing Him Ministries in Newnan, Georgia, which seeks to serve women in a way that brings God’s Truth into their everyday lives. Tecia is a wife to Russ and mother to two children, Matthew and Olivia. She is a speaker and a published author. She was born and raised in South Atlanta in a godly home. Tecia accepted Jesus Christ as her Savior at age seven, but it was at the age of 18 when God grabbed her heart and became her lifeline in the midst of a family tragedy and health problems. Her prayer is that God would use her every experience, good and bad, for His glory.
After watching the video, if you’d like to have some discussion with your family or friends, here are some questions to get you started:
- Tell about a time when someone showed you love like the father showed his sons in our story. How did this impact the way you share love with others?
- Have you ever felt like it was an injustice for someone in your life who has not made good choices to receive a blessing? How did you wrestle with God concerning this?
- Has there ever been a time in your life where you clearly submitted to God and chose to love someone when you could have rejected him or her and felt justified in doing so?
- Recall and share about the moment when you first chose to love Jesus.
- Do you relate to the son that left home or to the son that stayed home, or to the father that always loved and always forgave, waiting on the wayward to return home? Which one characterizes your life’s circumstances?